What are the practical facts that you ought to know?
You have to consider a few factors. What are they?
- The frequency of using the kitchen aid
- The volume of meat you will be slicing
- Dimensions of the meat and other food products you will be slicing
- Adjustability of the thickness of the blade
- Material with which it is made
- Size of the blade
- Type of motor – it could be either gear driven or belt driven
- Safety of the slicer
- The thickness of the product you will be slicing
- How long can I run a meat slicer continuously?
Avoid using for more than 15 minutes because it could result in overheating.
- How to clean my meat slicer?
Wipe the outer part with a cloth dampened with mild detergent. Avoid using abrasive cleaners. Make sure all parts are dry before you reassemble and store in the kitchen cabinet.
- Can I clean the parts in a dishwasher?
Most of the parts of a meat slicer that can be replaced are dishwasher safe. However, refer the instruction manual if the parts of your meat slicer are dishwasher safe or not.
- What is the best way to cut meat easily?
The meat should be chilled and boneless.
- How to cut soft food products?
If you want to cut soft products like cheese, wet the blade before starting to cut.
Right buying and proper usage of meat slicers is important to avoid wastage of money.